Amateur Radio License
in Japan

Radio communications most commonly available include amateur, civil, and personal radio communications. Amateur radio communications are authorized only for those who pass a national license examination or who complete JARD's formal training course and acquire the prescribed radio operator certificate.

In contrast, civil and personal radio communications are available to anyone who purchases the necessary equipment (as prescribed by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications) and files an application with the authorities prior to operation.

A ham radio license is classified as: first class, second class, third class, and fourth class. (Details available on the other page of this Web.)

HomeHOME MenuMenu Sub MenuSub Menu Page TopPage Top NextNext

Copyright © 1997-2014 by
The Japan Amateur Radio League, Inc.